
Ok, first of all, we are all great and blessed. Hurricane Ike trimmed our trees and took down a fence that was in dire need of being replaced anyhow... all in all, God took very good care of us. We even got power back on that night. Charity and her family stayed with us for a few days until they got power back on Wednesday. Her house was the same as ours...still intact and lost a fence that had to be replaced anyhow.
We stayed the night at my in laws because we have so many large trees in our yard that hang over house (offering lots of shade) and Matt didn't want us to stay and then something happen. The storm started around midnight and that is when we lost power. Matt, Dennis, and I were up most of the night, but Noah woke up about 4am. Jacob is.... well....deaf (sshh don't tell anyone) and didn't hear a thing and Hannah....that girl could sleep through tornado. Noah was a little freaked out asking me every minute...what's that? The howling of the wind was incredible and the wind was forcing the rain into the windows so hard we thought they would break. Matt had me move Hannah because she was sleeping in the bed closest to the window. I finally got her up enough to move her and the next morning she said "how did I get in here" ....Sleeps like a rock! We also had our dog and at about 4am, Dennis notice water was being blown in the back door and was cleaning it up with towels...Well good dog Sandy started licking all the water up AND she had water in her bowl... her way of contributing I guess. Life is somewhat returning to normal praying for patience because traffic is more of a bear than normal. There are still so many traffic lights out and people in Houston DO NOT know how to use a 4-way stop. Always in a hurry to get somewhere they don't really want to be anyhow.
Jacob is doing great, he is talking so much. Yes I said talking and hearing I might add. I am going to try and record him and send a little video feed. Technology is truly amazing, I had no idea he would be responding this well. Noah is my cautious little one, never really pushing the limit TOO far. Don't get me wrong he pushes it...BUT not like Jacob. Jacob thinks because he can't hear without his implant/hearing aid that if he gets mad and doesn't want to hear me he takes them off and throws them. He has a very strong personality and when Noah and Jacob argue Noah gives in most of the time because Jacob rarely backs down. Not always, but that is usually the norm. Noah is a little intimidated my Jacob sometimes.
Hannah was out of school for 9 days due to the hurricane and very excited to start back to school this week. She got in trouble for not listening last week and I had to take the privilege of reading away from her. She says "BUT MOM...what parent does that!!!!" I said I have to take away something you really like so you understand the choices we make affect us by consequence. She says" BUT I have to read 30 minutes a day for school" I said, No problem, I will find you something to read" she was thrilled because what I pick is still reading, but not interesting to her. I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!
Ok, now for the icing on the cake!!!! Last night Noah and I were saying prayers... Mommy said prayers and Noah is getting better at being more specific.
Dear God,
Please help keep me good so I don't get diarrhea and can you please help me make good choices so I don't loose privileges because library is tomorrow also help me not to take the curtains down because mommy gets mad. Thank you
Gotta love the little prayers!! Hope all is well with you and your families!
No comments:
Post a Comment