miracles.....

I have been surrounded by miracles this week. My sweet friends little one had to have major heart surgery and by the power of our Lord, he is recovering wonderfully.

Every year J has to get his hearing devices "updated". There is always new technology and updates on software, so we go once a year to get the latest and greatest. Also, there are certain sounds his brain may or may not get used to, so if he can't hear a certain sound anymore, they just turn it up.

Anyhow I really wanted to share J's speech banana.



A child without hearing loss hears around 0-10 decimals and speech is heard between 20-40 decimals.
(you can see from the picture what letters or sounds are heard at what decimal)
I have drawn in the dots to show you where J hears. As you can see, J hears with his cochlear implant around 20-30 decimals depending on the sound. He can even hear a whisper if you are talking into the implanted ear....

He is doing so awesome...PRAISE GOD! He has some problems hearing certain sounds like TH and F and S, but we are correcting him when we hear it and he is doing so amazing!

Some words he stuggles with

Desert..(sounds like)..Bezert
Truck..(sounds like)...Ruck
Swimming.(sounds like)..wimming

Please continue to lift J up in prayer, but I know that he is one gifted little boy who is going to cross each and every hurdle he is challenged with!

No comments: