Sunday!

I absolutely love Sundays.

We use those days for church, family, and rest days only. I WON'T do birthday parties on Sundays and won't attend them either. We get up, eat breakfast, get dressed and head out the door. The boys know when we get in the van mom gets to listen to "Jesus music" (which is what the boys call it) and we begin our worship time. I have really tried to start implementing prayer into everything we do. If we are cranky, we pray. If we don't feel well, we pray. If we can't find something we lost, we pray. If a sibling has upset us, we pray. I am trying to give them something I didn't trust in growing up. I am also trying to show them that when God answers our prayers, we must be thankful.

The other day I was reading my devotional and it challenged me to thank God for what we have. My answer..."thank you for everything Lord" His repsonse.."Give me specifics" I was really challenged and convicted because I think all to often I pray to Him or praise Him, but am not specific. Being in relationship with Him, to me, means I need to ACT on that relationship. With my children or my spouse, if I am thankful for something they did, like helping around the house, getting good grades, or simply making good choice to share with your siblings, I am specific with my praise, so I have challenged myself to be very specific with my praise to our Creator.

Lord, I thank you for Sundays. I thank you so much for a day of resting in You.

Here is a picture of the boys before church Sunday. Noah brushed his own hair :-)


No comments: