Aliens...do they exist?

Noah and I were saying bedtime prayers the other night and I was saying The Lord's prayer. I got to the part that says "Deliver us from evil" and Noah asks what that means. I told him it meant to help us to make good choices and not do bad (or evil) things that would hurt someone or ourselves. His response....

Ok, so if we don't do bad things does that mean we can't play aliens and monsters?

I said "Well, when we play like that it is called pretend and that can be fun, we just have to make sure no one gets hurt"

Noah said "ALIENS AND MONSTERS ARE REAL- NOT PRETEND- THEY ARE ON SCOOBY DOO!"

Note to self -- maybe scooby doo is not the best thing to let him watch, but, wait if I didn't let him watch it, would I be able to explain this process...hhmmmm

I said "Well Noah, just because something is on T.V. is doesn't mean that it is real. Have you ever seen an alien or a monster?"

Noah said "No."

Me, "Ok, so if you have never seen it, except on T.V., then it's pretend"

Ok, wait for it...I just set myself up for this one....

Noah says.... "Then how do you know Jesus is real, since you haven't seen him?"

I said "Noah Jesus is real and alive because he rose from the dead.. This is different because Jesus lived a very long time ago and just because I haven't seen him, doesn't mean someone else hasn't seen him"

Noah says, "So everyone that dies come back again?"

I said, "No that is special for Jesus because he is God's son and because he died for us, we get to have His spirit live in our hearts. That is why we want to make good choices and be delivered from evil."

Noah says... "hhhmmm...ok."

Seriously, this kid of mine really challenges me and keeps me on my toes. I love it!!!

No comments: