Maine

Well we left on August 9th...it was raining and our flight was delayed a bit. Other than that,the flight was awesome. My kiddos did such a great job. They napped on the plane when told to nap, they ate when told to eat, and they used thier inside voices when told to quiet down. Jacob only kicked the seat in front of him a few times, so all in all....great flight.



We made it into Bangor at midnight and got to the cabin around 1am, the kids went straight to bed and we stayed up a chatted with family for a bit before crashing ourselves.

The next day we had a lovely visit with Gma Veda, Papa Fred, Uncle Bryon, and Aunt Ruthie.



I am so impressed with the boys, they were so brave and tried new things. At Uncle Scott's camp he had a warf in the middle of the lake (about 30 feet or so from the dock) The older kids would swim out to the warf, then jump off over and over again. Since Jacob can't wear his implant and hearing aid in the water, he doesn't try to many new things, I think because it's hard to process what is going on when you can't hear. I have no doubt he will adapt as he gets older, it just takes him awhile to get comfortable right now, so Jacob stayed on the shore and played with toys. On day 4 of watching the big kids having so much fun he let Charity take him out to the warf on a float. She took the float up to the ladder Jacob climbed up, but wasn't too sure about jumping in. After seeing Noah do it a few times, he finally decided to try it. 1-2-3 go, he jumped in. Chairty grabbed him up, put him on the float, and he looked at her with the biggest smile and said "Again!" She brought him back to the ladder, he climbed up, and without prompting jumped right in. Charity snatched him up and took him to the ladder again and bam...right back in the water only this time as he surfaced Jacob looked at Charity and signed "NO, WAIT, I DO IT!" Yup, it just took a few times, but he got it and then look out!"







There was kayaking



There were boat rides







Marshmallow roasting



Bridge jumping



The Green Machine and Big Bertha...hhmmmm what to say about this. Well they are floats pulled by the jetski. Me always living on the edge couldn't wait to get on. Charity however, was completly against it from the beginning. I finally conviced her to get on with (only after Aunt Linda agreed to go with me and she felt guilty- thanks Aunt Linda!) So me, Aunt Linda, and Charity get on Big Bertha (picture not included because I have burned all photos of me in a swimsuit, unless you can only see my head :-)) We are tootling along on the float with Uncle Scott driving the jetski. He is being quite nice, but Charity is freaking out and Aunt Linda and I are cracking up laughing. All of a sudden we hit a bump and Charity freaks and tried to reposition... What happen you ask, well we flipped the tube. I land in the water first, HARD, and I see Linda and Charity go flying over me. I come up out of the water, and after convincing myself to breath again, I see Linda holding Charity flat on the top of the water like she is on a body board. My fist instinct is to laugh, but then I think she might actually be hurt. She is freaked and saying she thinks she hurt her neck. Well being the loving sister I am, I take one look at her and realize she is fine. We are all floating in the middle of the lake and as I saw it, we had 3 choices, get back in the float, get on the jetski, or swim back to camp. Charity said, "ok, how far is camp?" I said up the lake and around the bend...She didn't like that much, so she got back on the float making Uncle Scott do maybe 5 miles an hour all the way back...wimp!





All this fun and Uncle Scott and Jacob are tuckered out!




AND you can't go to Maine and not have lobster, so here are some photos of our "lobsta" feed.




Noah's first lobster claw


hhmmm.... not too sure about this


how about something else, ah yes, hamburger


much better!


I just loved this photo of Noah at the beach ready to check out the water!


I couldn't resist this one, so peaceful




swimming hole


The cousins and their kiddos


We had such a great time and can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Emily Brown said...

that looks like so much fun. i want to go to maine!