Forking?!?!

So, I went to Misty Meadows girl scout camp with my daughter, Hannah and her girl scout troop for a NASA space out camp. While the girls were in their session the other mom's and I got talking and the question popped up, "Would you let your daughter go forking?" I said "What in the world is forking?" They said "Oh you know buying a ton of plastic forks and sticking them in the lawn in front of someone's house"

Well my sister and her family have wrapped our house (in toilet paper)on 3 different occasions, and since they have tall pine trees we have never been able to get them back. So AHA! a plan was being formulated. When Hannah got out of her session I told her the plan and she instantly agreed. We were planning to to buy orange and white forks and spell UT, because they ARE NOT UT fans.

Hannah had a birthday party to go to from 6 to 10 and that was perfect so right afterwards we could go fork. Then Hannah said "Mom can a friend come fork with us pleaseeee?" "Only if she spends the night" "YAY!" So after the party I picked her up then went to go get her friend.

We went to my sisters house after and started forking (we went to THREE stores to find orange forks by the way) But wait, then we saw a light on in the living room! We ran to the car and texted my nephew. "What are you doing?" "Watching a movie" "Are you awake?" "Yes" "Is your family awake?" "No" "Ok good now I need you to quietly come outside"

Chris came out and we told him the plan. He assisted in putting 600 forks in HIS OWN front yard. This is our handywork.









I thought it was pretty good for a first attempt, although next time we will need need more forks. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That was so much fun!