potty training

One morning, about a month ago, Jacob woke up and decided that he wanted to wear underpants.... WAHOO!!! This is so exciting, we are moving away from the extra cost of diapers. He still wears them at night.

OK, so apparently, in our excitement, we forgot to teach a little potty etiquette.

We were at Christopher's football game the other day and Melanie and the boys were playing in the field. Melanie comes running up screaming "Jacob has to potty." I turn around to see Jacob with his shorts around his ankles and he is pulling his underpants down. I shout NO!!!! and run over to scoop him up. We run ALL THE WAY around the school looking for a potty. The entire time I am begging Jacob to wait, don't pee on mommy. Finally, I spot a restroom. We go inside, I help him pull down his shorts and pants (he is sweaty, so it's sticky) I sit him on the potty and Jacob says.....

pee pee is not coming mommy!

WHAT?!?! Jacob you need to "try" and potty because we can't run over here every time you think you have to potty.

He says "I TOLD YOU PEE PEE IS NOT COMING!!!!! He was a little aggravated with me...ha!

Anyhow, I said ok, and we went back to the field. Matt looks up and says "did you make it?" I said he didn't have to go. Matt says “I would have taken him to the nearest tree.."

Of course he would :-)


No comments: